Please note: the terms and conditions below relate to the container deposit scheme of the Australian Capital Territory. For terms relating to the Queensland container refund scheme, please refer to the Product Responsibility Organisation’s website www.containersforchange.com.au
Last Updated 5 November, 2018.
Ability to Enter into this Agreement
In order to enter into this Agreement you must be fully able and competent to enter into the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and able to abide by and comply with this Agreement. If you accept this Agreement, you expressly represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it.
We recognise that minors will be regular users of the System. Generations of Australian children have earned pocket money from collecting deposits on returnable containers. If you are under the age of 18, we ask you to tell us your age when you register, as we may take additional steps to protect you and the refunds you earn. If you are 13 or under, please ask a parent or guardian to register on your behalf.
How the Re.Turn-It Express System Works
The first step in using the System is to register at express.returnit.com.au. Registration enables you to drop containers at convenient local collection points. You do not have to be registered to drop containers at our major Depot Collection Points. You can find a listing of our collection points (including Depot Collection Points) at www.actcds.com.au.
Upon registration on the Site, the System creates a unique on-line account for you. Your email address is your unique identifier which allows you to access certain areas of the Site. Your phone number is used when dropping off containers ata Kiosk at one of our collection points. Please make sure that the containers you drop off qualify under the ACT Container Deposit Scheme (ACT CDS) – a detailed list of acceptable products and their deposit value is listed at www.actcds.com.au.
Collection points may be administered directly by Re.Turn-It or be located in independent stores. When you log on to a Kiosk at a collection point, the Kiosk will generate bar coded bag labels that are linked to your on-line account. You may print up to four bag labels at any one Re.Turn-It collection point per day. You then apply a bar coded sticker to each bag ensuring it is readable. Each bag requires its own sticker and must be a lightweight transparent bag. The bag must be clear so the contents are visible. It is your responsibility to ensure the bag is securely sealed. If a bag does not meet these requirements, your account may not be credited.
Once you drop off your labelled bag(s), they will be sorted and delivered to a Re.Turn-IT Depot where it will be counted, processed, sorted, batched and sold. We will notify you by email that your bags have been counted. We will credit your on-line account, or will cause your on-line account to be credited, within three business days with the full posted deposit amount on all beverage containers qualifying under the ACT CDS.
If we believe your account has become inactive, we will attempt to contact you using the details on your account. If we do not receive a response and there is no further activity on your account, we will donate the funds to a registered charity of our choice after a period of three months from our last attempt to contact you.
Re.Turn-It acts as a facilitator of the Re.Turn-It Express System. The Re.Turn-It Express System includes collection points administered by independent parties which are not necessarily owned or controlled by Re.Turn-It. Re.Turn-It is not responsible for the actions of collection points administered by anyone other than us.
We reserve the right to refuse to permit any person to register as a Participant or to revoke the License of any Participant. In the event we make a change to or cancel a registration or revoke a License, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or address/phone number on your account.
You must not use the Site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You must use the Site for lawful purposes only. Your License entitles you to enter onto the premises of collection points administered by third parties, but while on those premises you must behave as an invitee in accordance with the normal expectations of those third parties. You understand that you are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us. Certain portions of the Site may have functionality for material to be sent to you via email to addressees specified by you. By using this facility, you confirm that you have entered your correct email address or have the consent of the recipient to send such emails.
Harassment in any manner or form, including via e-mail or by obscene or abusive language is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others, including any Re.Turn-It employee or other members or users on the Site is prohibited.
We may at any time and without notice modify or discontinue the System and any associated fees offered through the Site, a Kiosk or otherwise.
Our intellectual property includes but is not limited to:
the Re.Turn-It logos, including without limitation Re.Turn-It’s “Express” logos;
the Site and the Kiosks, including but not limited to its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos, buttons, icons and the placement and layout);
images, video, audio, data, content, software (including html-based computer programs); and
other media, material or information.
Our intellectual property including the System, Site and Kiosks are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may not download or copy the content displayed on the Site. You may not do anything which infringes our intellectual property rights (e.g. reproduce, distribute, display, or sell any of our intellectual property).
User Comments, Feedback, and Other Submissions
We welcome your ideas, suggestions and feedback (Feedback) for improving the System, including the Site and the Kiosks, but you do so voluntarily and on the basis and in the knowledge that we do not pay any compensation for such Feedback and we do not acknowledge intellectual property rights or ownership held by you in any aspect of the Feedback.
Personal Information Submitted Through the Site
Errors, Inaccuracies, and Omissions
We do not guarantee that the System including the Site and Kiosks will be free from typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. If we spot an error, we may correct it, update information or cancel orders where it is reasonable to do so.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
The Site may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. These other websites are not under Re.Turn-It’s control, and you acknowledge that Re.Turn-It is not responsible or liable for any third party content or any associated loss or damage. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Re.Turn-It or any association with its operators.
Re.Turn-It can terminate your account and License to use the System at any time. If Re.Turn-It terminates your License for any reason, the funds in your online account at the time of termination will be paid to you by electronic transfer to your nominated Australian bank account. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your personal information for your on-line account, including your most current email, phone, mailing address and bank account details. If your contact details are inaccurate or you have not nominated an Australian bank account, we will donate the funds to a registered charity of our choice after a period of three months from the date of revocation of your License.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and user account information, if any. You must notify us immediately in the event of any known or suspected unauthorised use of your user account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorised disclosure of your or anyone else’s password. If electronic fraud or identity theft has occurred, Re.Turn-It will, upon notification or discovery, freeze your on-line account until ownership can be confirmed.
Re.Turn-It does not warrant that the System, Site or any function contained in the site or Kiosks will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the servers that make the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
We do our best to make our System work simply and effectively, but if you feel that you have suffered a loss through using it, you may have certain rights and remedies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and other laws, which may imply certain conditions and warranties into this agreement. We do not exclude or restrict or modify those rights, remedies or implied conditions and warranties.
Where we are liable for any loss or damage in connection with or arising from the breach of any term, condition, warranty or remedy implied by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) our liability is limited to the amount of your deposit or deposits directly related to your loss.
You must let us know as soon as you become aware or believe that you have a claim against us.
You indemnify us from and against all actions, claims, suits, demands, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses arising in any way whatsoever out of or in any way connected with your use of the System in a manner contrary to the terms of this License.
Meaning of words
Re.Turn-It, we, ouror usmeans Re.Turn It Pty Ltd, ACN 615 434 869 and any related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001).
You may contact Re.Turn-It by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at the phone number or mailing address as they appear on our website (www.returnit.com.au) from time-to-time.
“RETURN YOUR FEEDBACK AND WIN COMPETITION” PROMOTIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you visit a Re.Turn It Depot in WA, QLD, ACT or NSW, you will have the option of entering into monthly competitions in each state/territory between the dates listed in point 5 below.
1. The Promoter is Re.Turn It (WA CDS) Pty Ltd (ABN 45 630 323 769) in WA, Re.Turn It (Queensland) Depot Pty Ltd (ABN 26 628 408 882) in Queensland, Re.Turn It (Canberra) Depot (ABN 90 626 032 522) in the ACT and Re.Turn It (Queanbeyan) Pty Ltd (ABN 38 623 237 874) in NSW, all of Suite 1, Level 27, 20 Bond Street, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 07 3390 1377.
2. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) offered form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is only open to residents of the respective state/territory aged 18 years or over and residents between 13 – 18 years old if the entry is made by a parent or guardian.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries into the promotion in each state/territory open at 12.00am on 8 November 2021 and close on 11.59pm on 30 November 2021 and at 12.00am on the first day of the month and close at 11.59pm on the last day of the month in the months of December 2021, January 2022, February 2022, March 2022, April 2022 and May 2022 (“Promotional Periods”).
6. To enter, individuals must, during the relevant Promotional Period, visit a Re.Turn It Depot to deposit containers and complete a customer satisfaction survey after scanning a QR code. Individuals will receive one (1) entry on completion of the survey per month. The information required to be completed is: First Name: MANDATORY Last Name: OPTIONAL Email Address: MANDATORY
7. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person per month.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. There will be one (1) draw for each prize for each state/territory per month conducted on the third business day of the month following the Promotional Period for each month. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing by email within four (4) business days of the draw and their name and depot attended will be published on the Return-It Facebook and Instagram pages without remuneration.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The first valid entry drawn in each monthly draw will win a prize selected by the Promoter by a random draw, up to the value of $500.00 per region, with three regions in Queensland, two in WA and one in NSW/ACT (combined). If the winner cannot be contacted within 1 month of the draw date, the prize will be re-drawn.
14. The total prize pool value is $3,000.00 for each month across all states/territories combined, apart from the last month in which the prize pool value is $5,000 across all state/territories.
15. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 3 June 2021, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email within three (3) business days of the draw and their names and depot attended will be published on the Return-It Facebook and Instagram pages.
16. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied or services provided by the Promoter.
17. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
18. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
19. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) taking of a prize.
21. Records relating to the promotion including personal information will be kept for at least 12 months.